Hey Babes! Firstly, I have to thank you for your support with my cooking! I was super nervous to even post a plated photo to IG, I’m not great at making food look fancy but I am great at making it taste delicious! So thank you for that! I’ll be looking to bring Cooking with Leah (do you have any name suggestions? This sounds lame LOL) to IGTV! I’ll have a weekly plated photo on IG to kick off the recipe, followed by a blog post, then ending with the video to IGTV. I hope you’re excited. 🙂
Now, back to business. Last night I made one of my favorites, CheezIT Chicken. Now don’t let this fool you, this can be any sort of cracker or even chip! I’ve also made Doritio chicken and it was also yummy! First, preheat your oven to 375 F, it’s no fun when you forget and have to do that at the end. HAHA Please keep in mind that my recipe below is for 3 chicken breats, alter it if you’re making more!
What you need:
- Chicken – I suggest one breast per person
- Sour Cream – 16oz container
- Box of CheezeIts
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese – 1 cup
- Something to crush CheezIts in
What you need to do:
- Preheat your oven, if you were paying attention earlier, this will already be done. LOL
- Gather box of CheezITs, Cheddar, Butter, Sour Cream & Chicken
- Crush your CheezIts, start with half the box! This is where I place mine into a zipped baggie and then crush away with my hands. If you have a rolling pin, you can be classy and use that. HAHAH
- Pile your crushed CheezIts into bowl or plate, you’ll dip the chicken into it there. This is when you’ll want to scoop out your sour cream and place it into a bowl or place.
- Dip a chicken breast into the sour cream, make sure it’s covered an slathered. This helps to keep your chicken moist and tasty.
- Next you’ll dip the sour cream slathered chicken right into the pile of CheezeIts. Make sure it’s covered, we don’t need any bare spots around here.
- Place the coated chicken in a glass baking pan ( no I didn’t grease it)
- Repeat until all of your chickens are slathered and perfectly coated
- Now that all of your chickens have been gently (if you don’t do this gently, you’ll loose some crackers and it won’t be as good), it’s time to get that cheddar. Now you’ll just want to sprinkle some shredded cheddar right ontop of the CheezIt coated chicken. Believe me, this is important for your taste buds. They’ll thank you.
- TOP the chickens with the leftover crushed CheezeIts, if you don’t have any left, grab some from the box. That’s why I mentioned to save some.
- Lastly, drizzle melted butter ontop of the chickens! This is super important, it’ll make them delicious and crispy.
- BAKE THEM! I hade huge chickens and needed to bake mine for nearly an hour. Maybe buy smaller chicken breats, mine were huge.
Now, pair this chicken with a side! I paired mine with red skin mashed potatoes (you guys know how to make mashed potatoes right? Or should that be another blog??). If you’re tired from cooking the chicken, I would also suggest to just make a pre-made side. Something from Knorrs would be perfect (I do this too!).
Now go make dinner and then come back to tell me how much you loved it!